Majed bin Abdullah Al-Hogail
Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs and Housing
He received the bachelor's degree in accounting from King Saud University (KSU) in 1985. Then he joined the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 1998 and 1999 to obtain the master’s degree in business administration (MBA). In 1999, Mr. Majed received the American Accounting Association Fellowship Certificate in New Mexico. He also participated in the Program of Executive Development (PED) introduced by the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) Lausanne - Switzerland in 2007.
- He occupied the position of the Vice Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA) 1990 to 1998.
- He worked as a Director of Financial Affairs, Executive Director of Financial Affairs, and General Manager of Export at Al Safi Danone 2003 to 2007.
- He was appointed as a Managing Director and CEO of Rafal Real Estate Development Company 2007 to 2015. In this period, the 300-meter Burj Rafal, which received seven architectural awards in 2015, was constructed and inaugurated.
- Mr. Majed was appointed as Minister of Housing on 13 July 2015.
- He was appointed as acting Minister of Municipal and Rural Affairs in February 2020 beside his main position as Minister of Housing.
- He was appointed as Minister of Housing and Municipal and Rural Affairs per a royal order after combining the two ministries together on 24 January 2021.
- Chairman of Real Estate Development Fund (REDF)
- Head of Housing Program introduced within Vision 2030
- Chairman of Saudi Real Estate Refinance Company (SRC)
- Chairman of Real Estate General Authority (REGA)
- A Board Director of NEOM
- A Board Director of Qiddiya Investment Company (QIC)
- A Board Director of Red Sea Global
- A Board Director of AMAALA
- A Board Director of ROSHN
- Chairman and member of some other investment funds
Board memberships for a number of companies
Joint stock companies
- Al Jazeera Bank
- Wafaa Insurance Company
- Credit Suisse
: Closed joint stock companies
- Al Jazeera Financial Markets
- NAS Holding Company
- Rafal Real Estate Development Company
: Non-profit organizations and bodies
- Saudi Center for Commercial Arbitration (SCCA)
- Riyadh Chamber of Commerce (Member of the Real Estate Committee and Chairman of the Real Estate Developers Committee)
Rafal Real Estate Development Company